TVE, the Spanish national broadcaster has revealed today that a total of 9 songs will be running at the forthcoming 2018 Spanish national final.
Nine songs to battle in national final
It will not only be 5, but 9 songs which will battle at the upcoming Spanish national final for the golden ticket to Lisbon:
- 5 songs: Each of the 5 Operación Triunfo (OT) finalists will be allotted a song to perform solo
- 3 songs: There will be 3 pair of duets consisting of the 5 finalists and thelast evicted hopeful (Agony, Ana Guerra, Amaia, Miriam, Aitana and Alfred)
- 1 song: Camina (composed by the 16 OT 2017 hopefuls together with Manu Guix) – the group song will be performed by all five finalists
The 2018 Spanish Eurovision entry and act will be determined solely via a 100% televoting deliberation.
Camina performed by the 16 finalists during Christmas.
How will the voting work?
There will be 2 rounds of voting in order to select the 2018 Spanish Eurovision entry:
- Round 1- All 9 songs will be in the running and the public will selec their 3 favorites
- Round 2- The top 3 songs will be in the running again and the public will deliberate their hot favorite. The winner will be awarded the right to represent Spain at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest
The nine competing entries will be revealed tomorrow from 14:30 CET
About the national final
- The song titles and names of the composers competing in the Spanish national final will be revealed on Tuesday 23 January.
- The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be held on Monday 29 January with a total of 5 acts/9 entries battling for the right to defend Spain at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Spain.
- The Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo has been set on Monday 5 February.
- Ana Guerra
Anna Guerra and Agoney were both in the hot seat; Agoney was evicted during tonight’s show, but he will still be able to compete at the 2018 Spanish national final as part of one of the three duets.
OT 2017 timeline
- 22/01: 5th OT 2017 finalist determined (via public televoting)
- 23/01: Song allocation – song titles and composers announced
- 29/01: Spanish national final (100% public televoting deliberation)
- 05/02: OT 2017 Grand Finale
National final date set
The gala will be aired live on Monday 29 January at 22:35 CET on TVE 1, TVE International and streamed live on rtve.es. The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be part of the OT 2017 shows.
The 2018 Spanish national final will be hosted by Roberto Leal, one of Spain’s most sought after tv presenters.
The show has slowly but swiftly gained back much fame and name in Spain and has set the social media platforms on fire.