It has been a while since our last round-up ahead of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö. Most countries have let us know about their plans for 2013, and the number of participants announced now stands at 37. With five countries still waiting with final confirmation, the maximum number of countries in Malmö would seem to be 42. We have tried to get as much information for this list as possible at this stage, and contacted most delegations directly for details.
There is a link to the corresponding Esctoday articles where we have some information. We will be updating the list as more details become available. This is not a final list of participants by any means, that will be announced by EBU later.
We shall concentrate on the 49 currently existing countries that have so far taken part at least once in the Eurovision Song Contest. There have been no indications that another one of the active members of the European Broadcasting Union EBU would want to join the contest. There are neither any new EBU members this year, and the next time EBU will consider new active members in January will be too late for 2013. So under current Eurovision Song Contest rules it is very unlikely that a new country could enter the contest in Malmö.
Definitely planning to participate at this stage:
- Albania – final 22 December 2012
- Austria – final 15 February 2013
- Belarus – final 7 December 2012
- Belgium (RTBF) – final 16 December 2012
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Denmark – final 26 January 2013
- Estonia – final 2 March 2013
- Finland – final 9 February 2013
- Germany – final 14 February 2013
- Iceland – final 9 February 2013
- Ireland – final 22 February 2013
- Israel – national final Jan-Feb 2013
- Latvia – final 16 February
- Lithuania – final 20 December 2012
- Norway – final 9 February 2013
- San Marino
- Sweden – final 9 March 2013
- Switzerland – final 15 December 2012
- Ukraine – final 23 December 2012
- United Kingdom
The following countries are still expected to participate, but final confirmation or independent verification has not been received from these countries by esctoday.com, or they have just not made their intentions officially public.
- FYR Macedonia
- Romania (early information still unconfirmed by TVR)
- Slovakia (previous confirmation in doubt again according to media reports)
Not participating in 2013: