BBC, the British national broadcaster, has revealed that they are accepting song submissions for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.
The BBC is looking for singers and songwriters to submit their entries for the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Vienna, Austria. As well as talking with record labels, artists and songwriters through a number of platforms, such as BBC Introducing, the BBC is also asking for members of the public to send in their own songs.
All songs submitted to the BBC must also include a video recording of the artist or artists performing the submitted song. All submitted video clips do not have to be professionally shot and the audio for each song entry can be a demo version.
- Entries must adhere to the EBU 2015 competition rules.
- Songs must not exceed the 3-minute duration.
- All vocals must be performed live.
- No more than 6 people can take part in the performance.
- Songs must not have been publicly released before the 1 September. They should not have been performed in public or officially published on any media including, but not limited to; Radio, television and the Internet.
- Songs cannot be a cover or a sample of any other artist’s work.
- Songs must be original with regards to song writing and musical instrumentation.
- The singer or singers must be 18 years or over.
- Composers and songwriters are only eligible to submit one entry.
Once submissions close on Friday 7 November 2014, a panel of experts will then shortlist a select number of submitted entries. Those entries, along with songs submitted by a number of other platforms, will then be placed in front of an expert panel where they will have a final say regarding which artist and song is selected to become the United Kingdom’s 2015 Eurovision entry.
If you would like to submit an entry to the BBC then register by emailing the following address: [email protected]
Note from the BBC
IMPORTANT: Do not attach your video to the email. Instead send the name of your song, your artist, your composer and within four days of sending the email you will receive instructions on how to upload your video to the BBC Eurovision portal.[/alert-info]