We head back to Spain as Operación Triunfo 2018 approches its final leg, today sees its Gala#11 with the yet another eviction. Tonight we will know will know the first two finalists of OT2018, whilst the remaining three finalists will be determined next week.
Spain is the first country to have kicked off its search for its Eurovision 2019 hopeful and entry via a televised show.
Last week saw the show’s nineth eviction, Maria left the academy and joined Marilia ,Dave, Noelia, Damion, Alfonso, Joan Garrido, Carlos Right and Africa in the list of evicted participants. Now seven hopefuls remain in the competition with yet another eviction set to take to place tonight.
How to watch?
You can watch Operación Triunfo Gala #11 via the following channels at 22:30 CEST:
- TVE 1
- TVE HD
- TVE Internacional (Africa/Europe)
- TVE 1 webcast
Tonight will see the nineth eviction of OT 2018, Sabela and Marta are both in the hot seat since last week, one of them will be eliminated. The key decision lies in the hands of the Spanish audience who will vote for their favourite candidate.
The OT 2018 hopefuls will perform cover songs during tonight’s show:
- Marta–One more try (George Michael )
- Sabela–El cuarto (Tula Buena Vista Social Club)
- Natalia–Bang Bang ( Nancy Sinatra)
- Julia– Sober ( Demi Lovato)
- Alba– Crazy in love (Beyoncé)
- Miki–Hijos de la tierra ( Nil Moliner)
- Famous– Problem (Ariana Grande)
The show will be hosted by one of Spain’s most sought after television hosts Roberto Leal.
This week Rosana and Alfred (Spain 2018) will be attending tonight’s gala and mesmerising the Spanish audience with their latest music. Alfred represented Spain along with Amaia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, he will be releasing his first album this month. The 2018 Spanish Eurovision hopeful released his new single yesterday De la tierra hasta Marte.
During the show the 7 candidates will show off their vocal skills. Herefafter the the tenth eviction will take place, one more hopeful will leave the academy. This week we will know the first two finalists of the show via the following procedure:
- The jury will deliberate their judgment on the remaining 6 acts via a voting procedure. The highest voted act will be the first finalist of OT 2018
- The teachers committe will select the second finalist of OT 2018 out of the remaining 5 hopefuls (the teachers will take into account the candidate’s work and progress in the academy when making their deliberation)
- The remaining four hopefuls will have to wait until the following week’s Gala #12 to know if they’ll be among the five OT 2018 finalists.
- During Gala #12 the jury will be resposible to select the 3rd finalist, whilst the 4th and 5th finalists will be determined via a public televote deliberation. The two candidates with the highest number of votes will be awarded the golden tickets to the grand finale. The candidate with the lowest amount of votes will be evicted and will thus leave the academy.
- Alba Reche
Operación Triunfo and Eurovision
2019 will see Spain select its Eurovision act and entry for the 5th time via Operacion Triunfo, having used this mechanism in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2018.
OT 2018 will determine the 2019 Spanish Eurovision representative, all 16 OT participants will be eligible to defend the Spanish colours in Tel Aviv.
One of 16 OT 2018 will follow Alfred & Amaia‘s footsteps and fly the Spanish flag at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv.