Things are getting exciting in the Operación Triunfo academy, as preparations for the 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final kick off and the talent show draws to its conclusion. Two of the finalists, Amaia and Alfred, have made a public request to go to Eurovision together.
Amaia and Alfred are two of the four first Operación Triunfo (OT) finalists, whilst the fifth candidate will be announced on Monday. Amaia is hot the favourites to win the talent show along with Alfred.
Earlier today, Alfred posted a video on his official Instagram account where he and Amaia shared their wish to go to Eurovision as solo artists, but preferably as together as a duet. The video has gone viral since it was posted and has sent the Eurovision fraternity and fans into a frenzy.
Alfred and Amaia sent the following message to their fans on the video:
We are making this video because we are going to sing together during the 12th OT gala, we are very thrilled, we are also very excited for being the candidates to go to Eurovision.
We would love to go to Eurovision … and go together as a duo too! We would be thrilled to go separately, but it would also be amazing to go together. It wouldn’t be a bad idea if we went to Eurovision as a duo!
Amaia is one of the strongest candidates of this edition and won the jury vote last Monday, which declared her as one of the five OT 2017 finalists. She is tipped to win the talent show and even get the golden ticket to Eurovision.
About the national final
- The song titles and names of the composers competing in the Spanish national final will be revealed on Tuesday 23 January. The 5 competing singers will be allocated their respective entries on the same day. Each singer will be allocated 1 song, thus 5 songs will compete in the national final.
- The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be held on Monday 29 January with a total of 5 acts battling for the right to defend Spain at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Spain.
- The Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo has been set on Monday 5 February.
- To be determined on 22 January (Agoney or Ana Guerra)
OT 2017 timeline
- 22/01: 5th OT 2017 finalist determined (via public televoting)
- 23/01: Song allocation – song titles and composers announced
- 29/01: Spanish national final (100% public televoting deliberation)
- 05/02: OT 2017 Grand Finale
National final date set
The gala will be aired live on Monday 29 January at 22:35 CET on TVE 1, TVE International and streamed live on rtve.es. The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be part of the OT 2017 shows.
The 2018 Spanish national final will be hosted by Roberto Leal, one of Spain’s most sought after tv presenters.
The show has slowly but swiftly gained back much fame and name in Spain and has set the social media platforms on fire. Last Monday’s show was viewed by more than 3 million viewers.
The 2018 Spanish Eurovision entry and act will be determined solely via a 100% public televoting deliberation.