Tonight, among the several countries choosing their representative for the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest, Hungary held the final of A Dal, the Hungarian national selection. Here is the result: AWS will fly to Lisbon!
The lineup of A Dal 2018
Eight acts qualified for the final of A Dal from two different semi-finals. Here is the running order of tonight:
- Leander Kills – Nem szól harang
- yesyes – I let you run away
- Zsolt Züle – Zöld a május
- Tamás Horváth – Meggyfa
- Gábor Heincz (BIGA) – Good vibez
- Gergely Dánielfy – Azt mondtad
- AWS – Viszlát nyár
- Viktor Király – Budapest girl
A Dal (The Song) was organised by Hungarian broadcaster Duna TV in co-operation with MTVA (The Hungarian Media Services and Support Trust Fund). It was hosted by Freddie (Gábor Alfréd Fehérvári, Eurovision 2016) and Krisztina Rátonyi.
First voting round
In round one, the professional jury (composer and performer Miklós Both, artist and composer Károly Frenreisz, lead singer and guitarist af group Magna Cum Laude Misi Mező, and actress Judit Schell) determined the top 4 acts and artists that proceeded to the next round.
This is how the jury voted:
- Gergely Dánielfy – Azt mondtad – 36 points
- Viktor Király – Budapest girl – 30 points
- yesyes – I let you run away – 28 points
- AWS – Viszlát nyár – 8 points
- Leander Kills – Nem szól harang – 6 points
- Gábor Heincz (BIGA) – Good vibez – 4 points
- Zsolt Züle – Zöld a május – 0 points
Tamás Horváth – Meggyfa – 0 points
Second voting round
After the interval act, ensured by 2017 representative Joci Pápai, in round two was dedicated to the audience. The public televote chosed the 2018 Hungarian Eurovision participant from among the four super-finalists.
It’s AWS for Lisbon!
At the end of an exciting suspence, the group AWS with the song Viszlát nyár was declared winner of A Dal 2018 and will therefore have the honour to represent Hungary in the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon, Portugal. Hungary will compete in the second half of the second semi-final on 10 May 2018.