The Eurovision machine is working at its full potential in Hungary. The participants of the national selection, A Dal 2018, have just been revealed. No less than 30 songs will fight for the golden pass to Lisbon.
Local Media Services and Support Trust Fund (MTVA), the Hungarian broadcaster, has presented during a press conference earlier this morning the complete list of acts that will participate in A Dal 2018, the Hungarian national selection. A short version of the entries has been made available online.
This year, a total of 350 songs were submitted to the organisers. This is the complete list of the selected acts:
- Andy Roll – Turn the lights on
- AWS – Viszlát nyár
- Ceasefire X – Satellites
- Dánielfy Gergely– Azt mondtad
- Fourtissimo – Kisnyuszi a kalapban
- Gulyás Roland – Hypnotized
- Ham ko Ham – Bármerre jársz
- Heincz Gábor ”BIGA” – Good vibez
- Horváth Cintia – Journey
- Horváth Tamás – Meggyfa
- Király Viktor – Budapest girl
- Knoll Gabi – Nobody to die for
- Leander Kills – Nem szól harang
- Living Room – Kirakat élet
- Maszkura és a Tücsökraj – Nagybetűs szavak
- Maya ’n’ Peti – Nekem te
- Nemzenekar – Waiting
- Nene Zenekar – Mese a királyról
- Noémo – Levegőt
- Nova Prospect – Vigyázol
- Patikadomb – Jó szelet!*
- Peet Project – Run around
- Polgár Odett – Aranyhal
- SativuS – Lusta lány
- Süle Zsolt – Zöld a május
- Szőke Nikoletta, Kökény Attila, Szakcsi Lakatos Róbert – Életre kel
- #yeahla feat. Eszes Viki – 1 szó mint 100
The Matter – Broken palms*
- Tolnai Reni – Crack my code
- Vastag Tamás – Ne hagyj reményt
- Yesyes – I let you run away
*Patikadomb was confirmed as The Matter’s replacement a few days following the artist announcement.
The selection process
The shortlisted acts still have quite a long way to go in the national selection. Here are the dates of A Dal 2018:
- Heats: 20 January 2018, 27 January 2018, 3 February 2018
- Semi-finals: 10 February 2018, 17 February 2018
- Final: 24 February 2018
Ten songs will compete in each heat. Five of them will advance to the semi-finals, with an additional sixth act to qualify through a public vote.
The two semi-finals will show nine acts each, with three songs advancing to the final and one additional being rescued by the viewers.
In the final, the eight remaining songs will be reduced to only four by the jury. Then, the televote with ultimately decide the Hungarian 2018 representative to the Eurovision.
Additional awards at A Dal
The seventh edition of A Dal will not only search and choose the best song in Hungary, but it will also be possible to win prestigious awards.
In addition to the A Dal 2018 Best Lyrics and A Dal 2018 Discoveries, next year there will be an Acoustic Song Competition and, of course, the 2018 winner will represent Hungary in Lisbon at the 63rd Eurovision Song Contest in May.
From the snippets above, which entries are you excited to hear in A Dal 2018? Vote in out poll below!