The ESCToday National Chart is a chart that predicts who is going to win a national selection based on various reactions and rankings, before the selection kicks off. As the first show of A Dal 2016 will take place tomorrow, it is time to see who has the best chances to win among the 30 participating songs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Ranks (30%) – Based on the various ‘my personal top’ recaps that are uploaded to YouTube. The act with the highest average ranking gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- YouTube Views (30%) – Based on the popularity of the songs and artists based on the view count of the official videos or the video with the highest amount of views in case there is no official video. The act with the highest amount of views gets 30 points, second gets 29 points, all the way to the 30th place who gets one point
- ESCToday’s Poll (30%) – Based on our readers’ and followers’ opinions who voted in the poll we have launched earlier this week. In case of a tie, all songs with the same amount of votes get the average amount of points (for example three songs sharing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will get 29 points each)
- ESCToday’s Team Opinion (10%) – Based on the team’s opinions regarding each entry and its chances to win the national selection
|1||Freddie – Pioneer||30||28||29||10||97|
|2||Kállay Saunders Band – Who we are||29||27||30||10||96|
|3||Reni Tolvai – Fire||20||29||28||10||87|
|4||Szilvia Agárdi – It is love||23||24||26||6||79|
|5||Anna Patai – Colors||14||30||24||9||77|
|6||Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth – Seven seas||28||12||27||9||76|
|7||Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi – Hold on to||26||20||20||9||75|
|8||Odett – Stardust||25||19||22||8||74|
|9||Júlia Horányi – Come along||27||22||12||4||65|
|10||Viki Singh – Katonák||24||21||12||8||65|
|11||André Vásáry – Why||16||17||22||4||59|
|12||Petruska – Trouble in my mind||17||15||18||8||58|
|13||Passed – Driftin’||21||9||18||7||55|
|14||Mushu – Uncle Tom||15||16||16||7||54|
|15||Laci Gáspár – Love and bass||6||25||16||5||52|
|16||Ív – Love kills me||13||11||20||7||51|
|17||Parno Graszt – Már nem szédülök||4||26||16||3||49|
|18||ByTheWay – Free to fly||19||18||2||6||45|
|19||Gergő Oláh – Győz a jó||11||2||25||5||43|
|20||Jázmin Török – Power of love||12||14||10||6||42|
|21||Petra Veres-Kovács – Singing peace||18||13||8||3||42|
|22||Nika – Beautiful love||22||5||12||1||40|
|23||Fatima Mohamed – Ott leszek||8||8||16||2||34|
|24||Maszkura és a Tücsökraj + Siska Finuccsi – Kinek sírjam||3||23||5||2||33|
|25||Egy Másik Zenekar – Kéne közös kép||10||10||8||1||29|
|26||Benji – Köteltánc||9||6||5||5||25|
|27||Group’n’Swing – Szeretni fáj||7||4||8||4||23|
|28||Bálint Gájer – Speed bump||5||7||2||3||17|
|29||B The First – You told me you loved me||2||1||5||2||10|
|30||C.E.T. – Free||1||3||2||1||7|
- Freddie wins the overall poll being the ranks’ favourite with Kállay Saunders Band only one point behind, who were the poll’s winners by a big gap.
- Anna Patai won the first place among the views, having more than 208,000 views, compared to nearly 97,000 for the runner-up Reni Tolvai
- Szilvia Agárdi who ended up as a finalist in 2013, should make all the way to the final again this year.
- Despite not having an official YouTube video, Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth took the 3rd place among the ranks and the 4th place in the poll, placing the duo on the final 6th place.
- Previous participants Reni Tolvai (2012), Karmapolis (2015) & Böbe Szécsi (2014, 2015) and Odett (2013) are considered to be strong enough this year to make it to the final
- However, last year’s finalists Passed, Ív and Bálint Gájer might not get to the last round of the selection for the second year in a row, being placed 13th, 16th and 28th on the chart respectively.
- As the full lineup of the three heats is unknown and the qualifying acts will be reallocated at the semifinal stage, it is not possible to know exactly which acts might go to the final, but to predict according to the relative position on the chart.
Freddie – Pioneer: Winner of Hungary’s ESCToday National Chart
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for more news regarding A Dal and Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016