Estonia’s preparations for their national selection Eesti Laul are in full swing! Following the names’ revelation of the 24 acts that have been selected to take part and fight for the Eurovision ticket to Tel Aviv, the official release of their songs wasn’t delayed! So here they are!
Eesti Laul 2019 will be consisting of 2 semi-finals, set to be held on 31 January and 2 February respectively, while the grand final which will determine the event’s winner and the Estonia 2019 hopeful is going to take place on 16 February.
But now maybe it’s time we enjoyed the songs! Share your favourite with us!
Semi-final 1 (31 January)
- High heels in the neighbourhood – The Swingers, Tanja & Birgit
- Supernova – Ranele
- Deep water – SOFIA RUBINA (ft. JANIKA TENN)
- Hold me close – xtra basic & Emily J
- Miks sa teed nii? – Johanna Eendra
- Storm – Victor Crone
- Without you – STEFAN
- Little baby el – Jennifer Cohen
- Soovide puu – Sandra Nurmsalu
- Öhuloss – ÖED
- Smile – Marko Kaar
- Coming home – INGER
Semi-final 2 (2 February)
- I’ll do it my way – Synne Valtri
- Strong – Sissi
- Wo sind die Katzen? – Kaia Tamm
- Kaks miinust – Iseloomad
- Parmumäng – Cätlin Mägi & Jaan Pehk
- Milline päev – Lumevärv ft. INGA
- Pretty little liar – Uku Suviste
- Cold love – Kerli Kivilaan
- Follow me back – Around The Sun
- Halleluja – Lacy Jay
- Kui isegi kaotan – Grete Paia
- Believe – Kadiah
Estonia at Eurovision 2018
Following the 10th edition of their national selection show Eesti Laul, Estonia selected the soprano singer Elina Nechayeva to fly the country’s flag in Lisbon with the Italian-lyric song La forza. With her deep voice and her characteristic projection dress, Elina became quickly one of the year’s clear favourites for the top positions, even for the victory.
In Lisbon, she participated at the first semi-final of the contest in May and easily went through to the grand final, where she earned a total of 245 points which were enough for her to end up 8th, one of the best Eurovision results for Estonia the current decade.