We return to the southern shores of Spain tonight for Operación Triunfo’s fifth show, this evening will see the talent’s show’s third eviction, with the remaining 14 acts battling for the coveted trophy.
The search for the 2019 Spanish Eurovision hopeful continues in Spain this evening with OT 2018’s Gala #4 scheduled to be held tonight.
Spain is the first country to have kicked off its quest to search for its Eurovision 2019 hopeful with a televised show, followed by Malta who will select its hopeful via X Factor Malta.
Last week saw the show’s second eviction, Africa left the academy and thus joined Alfonso in the list of evicted participants. Now fourteen hopefuls remain in the competition with yet another eviction set to take to place tonight.
How to watch?
You can watch Operación Triunfo Gala #4 via the following channels at 22:30 CEST:
- TVE 1
- TVE HD
- TVE Internacional (Africa/Europe)
- TVE 1 webcast
The OT 2018 hopefuls will perform cover songs during tonight’s show:
- Julia & Dave– Vivir ( Estopa & Rozalén)
- Natalia & Alba– Toxic (Britney Spears)
- Carlos & Sabela– Estrella polar (Pereza)
- Marta & Marilia– Lo echamos a suertes (Ella Baila Sola)
- Miki & María–Quédate en Madrid Mecano)
- Noelia–La tormenta (Pastora Soler)
- Famous– Take me to church ( Hozier)
- Damion–Give me love ( Ed Sheeran)
- Joan Garrido– Bed I made (Allen Stone)
The show will be hosted by the multi talented Spanish tv presenter Roberto Leal.
This week Alvaro Soler and Mon Laferte will be attending tonight’s gala and treating the Spanish audience with their latest music.
During the show the 14 candidates will show off their vocal skills and will undergo the following elimination procedure after their respective performaces during tonight’s gala:
- The Spanish audience will save their favorite candidate from the jury’s deliberation
- The OT 2018 four member jury will select 8 candidates to proceed to the next show and nominate 4 candidates to leave the academy.
- The teacher committee will save 1 candidate out of the 4 nominees
- The 10 participants will save 1 candidate out of the remaining 3 nominees.
- The last two nominees will be in the hot seat for a week and will undergo a public deliberation, the candidate with the least public votes will be eliminated from the competition the following week.
- Alba Reche
- Carlos Right
- Joan Garrido
Operación Triunfo and Eurovision
2019 will see Spain select its Eurovision act and entry for the 5th time via Operacion Triunfo, having used this mechanism in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2018.
OT 2018 will determine the 2019 Spanish Eurovision representative, all 16 OT participants will be eligible to defend the Spanish colours in Tel Aviv.
One of 16 OT 2018 will follow Alfred & Amaia‘s footsteps and fly the Spanish flag at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv.