We are back in Spain tonight, as Operación Triunfo 2018 continues its search for the 2019 Spanish Eurovision representative with Gala #2 scheduled to be held this evening, with the talent show’s first eviction set to take place.
Operación Triunfo 2018 sees its third show tonight,where the sixteen OT 2018 candidates will battle in their quest to remain in the competition and ultimately represent Spain at the forthcoming Eurovision edition in Tel Aviv.
Spain is the first country to have kicked off its televised national selection for the upcoming 2019 Eurovision season.
How to watch?
You can watch Operación Triunfo Gala #2 via the following channels at 22:35 CEST:
- TVE 1
- TVE HD
- TVE Internacional (Africa/Europe)
- TVE 1 webcast
Tonight will see the first eviction of OT 2018, Sabela and Alfonso are both in the hot seat since last week, one of them will be eliminated. The key decision lies in the hands of the Spanish audience who will vote for their favourite candidate.
The OT 2018 hopefuls will perform cover songs during tonight’s show:
- África & María– Friends (Marshmello)
- Famous & Damion– Déjala que baile (Alejandro Sanz & Melendi)
- Dave & Noelia– Volando voy (Camarón)
- Julia & Carlos– Mi historia entre tus dedos (Gianluca Grignani)
- Marilia & Joan– Another day of sun ( La La Land )
- Miki & Alba– Alma mía ( Natalia Lafourcade)
- Natalia & Marta– Tainted love (Imelda May)
- Alfonso– All of me (John Legend)
- Sabela–Benditas Feridas (Rosa Cedrón)
The gala will be hosted by one of TVE’s most celebrated tv presenters, Roberto Leal.
Tequila and Lola Indigo will be attending tonight’s gala and treating the Spanish audience with their latest music.
During the show the 16 candidates will show off their vocal skills and will undergo the following elimination procedure after their respective performaces during tonight’s gala:
- The Spanish audience will save their favorite candidate from the jury’s deliberation
- The OT 2018 four member jury will select 10 candidates to proceed to the next show and nominate 4 candidtes to leave the academy.
- The teacher committee will save 1 candidate out of the 4 nominees
- The 12 participants will save 1 candidate out of the remaining 3 nominees.
- The last two nominees will be in the hot seat for a week and will undergo a public deliberation, the candidate with the least public votes will be eliminated from the competition the following week.
- Albra Reche
- Carlos Right
- Joan Garrido
Operación Triunfo and Eurovision
2019 will see Spain select its Eurovision act and entry for the 5th time via Operacion Triunfo, having used this mechanism in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2018.
OT 2018 will determine the 2019 Spanish Eurovision representative, all 16 OT participants will be eligible to defend the Spanish colours in Tel Aviv.
One of 16 OT 2018 will follow Alfred & Amaia‘s footsteps and fly the Spanish flag at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv.