Having confirmed last week that The X Factor Malta would determine the country’s representative at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest, applications for the debut singing contest in Malta have now officially opened.
Next year will see Malta’s representative for the Eurovision Song Contest being determined via a brand new selection method for the country. As we wave goodbye to Malta Eurovision Song Contest, we say hello to The X Factor Malta!
Whilst confirmation of Malta’s new selection method took place last week, today saw applications officially open for the country’s debut competition, with applicants having just over a week to make their submissions.
How to apply
Want to apply for the first season of The X Factor Malta? Here are the requirements and what you need to do!
- All competing artists must be aged at least 16 by the 1 May 2019;
- Complying with Eurovision rules, performances can include a maximum of 6 people on stage;
- All artists must either be of Maltese nationality or have dual citizenship, one of which is Maltese. In cases of group applicants, the lead artist must be of Maltese nationality or have dual Maltese citizenship.
There are 2 submissions methods artists can use to post their interest: through an online application or through Whatsapp.
- Online applications can be submitted through the official The X Factor Malta website;
- Whatsapp applications can be sent to the following number: 77062018.
Applications close on the 4 July at midday, before the competition is set to kick off this coming October.
Record contract with Sony
As well as becoming Malta’s next representative at the Eurovision Song Contest, it has also been revealed today that the winner will secure a record contract with Sony Music Italy, joining a world class roster of Sony Music artists such as Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Adele, Little Mix and many more.
Further details regarding The X Factor Malta and the Eurovision Song Contest will be unveiled by the Maltese national broadcaster in due course.