Twenty-one acts will be competing for the right to represent Latvia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. Now we know which 7 acts will kick off the selection in semi-final 1 of the competition, taking place on the 3 February.
Next week sees the start of Latvia’s search for their next Eurovision representative, as the country’s national selection – Supernova 2018 – is set to kick off in the capital of Riga.
In total, 21 artists will be competing for the right to represent the Baltic nation at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Lisbon, with the first third of the participants to take to the Supernova stage next Saturday.
Semi-final 1 participants revealed
Earlier today, the Latvian national broadcaster – LTV – confirmed the names of the first 7 artists set to take part in the first semi-final of the national selection. They are as follows:
- Katrina Gupalo & the Black Birds – Intoxicating caramel
- Rahu The Fool – Oh, longriver
- DVINES – More than meets the eye
- Agnese Stengrevics – You are my world
- Sudden Lights – Just fine
- Edgars Kreilis – Younger days
- Liene Greifane – Walk the talk
From the 7 semi-final 1 participants, only 2 will advance to the final of the competition, airing on the 24 February.
Each of the semi-final show qualifiers will be determined via a combined 50/50 jury-public vote, with a total of 6 artists competing in the Supernova final at the end of February.
Supernova 2018 schedule
LTV has now officially confirmed each of the show dates for the country’s upcoming national selection.
- 03/02: Semi-final 1 (Seven participants, 2 qualifiers)
- 10/02: Semi-final 2 (Seven participants, 2 qualifiers)
- 17/02: Semi-final 3 (Seven participants, 2 qualifiers)
- 24/02: Grand final (Six finalists, winner determined)
Tickets for each of the Supernova shows can be purchased via the Ekase ticketing website.
The winner of Supernova 2018 will represent Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Lisbon, competing in one of the 2 semi-finals taking place on either the 8 or 10 May.