DR, the Danish national broadcaster, is in full steam and gearing up for the forthcoming 2018 Eurovision national final; DR is set to reveal the names of the 10 competing DMGP hopefuls on Monday 22 January during a special press conference.
Denmark will determine its representative for Eurovision 2018 via its traditional Eurovision national final Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (DMGP) 2018.
The show will is scheduled to be held at the Gigantium in Aalborg on Saturday 10 February and will be aired live at 20:00 CET on DR1. DMGP 2018 will be hosted by Annette Heick and Johannes Nymark.
DMGP press conference
The special DMGP press conference will be held on 22 January at DR’s Concert Hall Studio 4 and will run from 11:00-13:00 CET.
Former DMGP winners, participants and celebrities will unveil the names of the 10 lucky candidates during the press conference: Keld and Hilda Heick, Jørgen de Mylius, Kirsten Sigaard (Denmark 1984, 1985, 1988), Søren Bundgaard (Denmark 1984, 1985, 1988) and Gry Johansen (Denmark 1983).
- 11:00: Press conference will start, Mr. Jan Lagermand Lundme (DR Entertainment Director) will welcome everyone
- 11:05: Mr. Nicolaj Holm (Director of AKKC and Gigantium) will tell the story of the host city
- 11:08-11.30: Grand Prix celebrities will present the 10 DMGP acts
- 11:30: Common photo shoot with all participants and confetti guns
- 11:35-13.00: Media and press will interview the DMGP candidates and hosts after photo call
Times listed above are in CET.
Denmark in Eurovision
Denmark debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1957 and has won the competition thrice (1963, 2000 and 2013).
In 2017, Anja Nissen represented Denmark at the Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv with her entry Where I am.