The Reference Group travelled to Lisbon this week in order to check out the preparations for the forthcoming 2018 Eurovision Song Contest.
- Dr. Frank-Dieter Freiling (Chairman)
- Mr. Jon Ola Sand (EBU Representative)
- Mr. Nicola Cagliore (RAI) – Elected member
- Mr. Martin Österdahl (Eurovision 2016 Executive Producer)
- Mr. Aleksandar Radic (RTVSLO) – Elected member
- Ms. Emilie Sickinghe (AVROTROS) – Elected member
- Mr. Edoardo Grassi (France 2)
- Mr. Jan Langermand Ludme (DR)
- Representative from the 2018 Eurovision host broadcaster (RTP)
The preparations are going very well. I am impressed with the way they [RTP] have moved forward, it is a complicated task and this is the first time that Portugal has taken on this task. They have really made a good impression.
- The 2018 Eurovision theme art, logo and slogan
- The 2018 Participants List (42 countries will compete in Lisbon)
- The Venue for the 2018 Eurovision Village
- Eurovision 2018 Ticket Sales will kick off in November
The Red Carpet will be known as the Blue Carpet in Lisbon
- The 2018 Euroclub will be located on the seafront
The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 8, 10 and 12 May at the Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal.