The 2017 edition of EMA, Slovenia’s Eurovision preselection show, has been concluded and the winner is Omar Naber!
Tonight saw the final 8 acts competing for the right to represent Slovenia at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest this coming May in the host city of Kyiv.
Performing live to both the public and jury for a final time, it was down to a combined vote in order to determine the winner of EMA 2017. Both the public and jury each gave 6 sets of votes to the competing acts, with 504 points in total on offer.
EMA 2017 final results
With the jury votes presented first, it was Omar Naber who was the initial favourite of the competition, followed by Nuška Drašček in second and Raiven in third. Combined with the televote, Naber remained successful and won EMA 2017! The votes were given as follows:
- Omar Naber – On my way (Public: 60 points / Jury: 64 points / Combined: 124 points)
- BQL – Heart of gold (Public: 72 points / Jury: 42 points / Combined: 114 points)
- Raiven – Zažarim (Public: 48 points / Jury: 46 points / Combined: 94 points)
- Nuška Drašček – Flower in the snow (Public: 12 points / Jury: 56 points / Combined: 68 points)
- Nika Zorjan – Fse (Public: 36 points / Jury: 20 points / Combined: 56 points)
- Sell Out – Ni panike (Public: 24 points / Jury: 0 points / Combined: 24 points)
- KiNG FOO – Wild ride (Public: 0 points / Jury: 14 points / Combined: 14 points)
- Tim Kores – Open fire (Public: 0 points / Jury: 10 points / Combined: 10 points)
Listen to and watch the winning song below!
This is not Naber’s first time appearing at the Eurovision Song Contest, having previously represented the nation in 2005 with the song Stop. In the semi-final of the competition, which was also hosted in Kyiv, Naber received a total of 69 points and finished in 12th place, therefore failing to qualify to the final.
What are your views on the winning entry? Share your thoughts with us!