A bit earlier this time, the Swedish broadcaster SVT revealed the dates and cities for Melodifestivalen 2017, the Swedish national selection for Eurovision 2017.
No changes are made to the mechanism of the contest – four semifinals, one second chance round and a grand final – along six weekends from the beginning of February to mid-March.
- Semifinal 1 – 4 February, Scandinavium, Göteborg
- Semifinal 2 – 11 February, Malmö Arena, Malmö
- Semifinal 3 – 18 February, Vida Arena, Växjö
- Semifinal 4 – 25 February, Skellefteå Kraft Arena, Skellefteå
- Andra Chansen – 4 March, SAAB Arena, Linköping
- Final – 11 March, Friends Arena, Stockholm
It is expected to be the last time that the final of Melodifestivalen will be held in Friends Arena, as the contract of the arena with SVT ends. We might see the final of Melodifestivalen 2018 onwards in the newly built Tele2 Arena in Stockholm.
Tickets for all shows and respective dress rehearsals will go on sale on 31 October. Around that time the participating acts and songtitles should be revealed. The first act confirmed so far is Les Gordons who got their place directly from Svensktoppen Nästa 2016.
Stay tuned to ESCToday for more news regarding Melodifestivalen and Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017!