The Israeli public has decided: Hovi Star is the winner of Rising Star for Eurovision 2016 and will represent Israel in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song Made of stars.
The final was held in two rounds. During the first round, the four participants competed in duels, singing cover versions of famous songs:
- Ella Daniel – Happy (68%)
- Hovi Star – Stay with me (79%)
- Gil Hadash – Show must go on (49%)
- Nofar Salman – Mangina (76%)
The jury then decided to give a wildcard to Ella with and to send her to the superfinal, where the actual songs presented earlier this week were performed:
- Hovi Star – Made of stars (69%)
- Nofar Salman – Made of stars (68%)
- Ella Daniel – Somebody out there (58%)
Hence, Hovi Star will go to represent Israel in the second semifinal of Eurovision 2016 that will be held on 12 May in Stockholm, Sweden.