The six weeks-long national selection of Hungary has come to an end. Out of thirty songs, Pioneer by Freddie was declared as the big winner and will go to represent Hungary in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
During the final, the four-member jury voted for their favourites and sent four songs to the superfinal.
These are the results of the jury vote:
- Freddie – Pioneer (6+10+8+10) = 34
- Gergő Oláh – Győz a jó (8+8+6+6) = 28
- Kállay Saunders Band – Who we are (0+6+4+8) = 18
- Petruska – Trouble in my mind (10+0+0+4) = 14
- André Vásáry – Why (0+0+10+0) = 10
- Parno Graszt – Már nem szédülök (4+0+0+0) = 4
- Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth – Seven seas (0+4+0+0) = 4
- Mushu – Uncle Tom (0+0+0+0) = 0
It was also announced that ByThe Way won the Acoustic competition with their acoustic version of Free to fly. The four superfinalists went then to face the fate of the televoters.
The televoting results are not published, but only announced that Freddie is the winner of A Dal 2016 and will wave the Hungarian flag and sing Pioneer at the first semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 on 10 May.