The Swedish national broadcaster, SVT, has announced the final fourteen participants in next years Melodifestivalen, which will once again act as the country’s national final for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Yesterday, SVT announced the contestants of the first two semi-finals, taking place in Gothenburg and Malmö respectively. The line-up has now been completed as the competitors for the third and fourth semi-finals have been announced.
The list includes a host of former Melodifestivalen entrants including Mans Zemerlöw, Ellen Benediktson and Andreas Johnson.
21/02: Semi-final 3 – Östersund
- Andreas Weise – Bring out the fire
- Isa Tengblad – Don’t stop
- Kalle Johansson – För din skull
- Kristin Amparo – I see you
- Ellen Benediktson – Insomnia
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren – Jag är fri
- Andreas Johnson – Living to die
28/02: Semi-final 4 – Örebro
- Caroline Wennergren – Black swan
- JTR – Building it up
- Midnight Boy – Don’t say no
- Annika Herlitz – Ett andetag
- Hasse Andersson – Guld och gröna skogar
- Måns Zelmerlöw – Heroes
- Dinah Nah – Make me (La La La)
Melodifestivalen 2015 begins with the first semi-final in Gothenburg on February 7. The semi-final stage of the competition will run throughout February, with a second chance round on March 7 and the grand final taking place on March 14.