Opera singer Alenka Gotar has won EMA, and will perform her song Cvet z Juga (Flower from the South) at this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki.
Before the voting finished, Katrina (without her Waves!) performed her Eurovision winning song Love Shine a Light, as well as Walking on Sunshine, and there was an operatic, Slovenian-language parody of three Eurovision winners, Ein Bisschen Frieden, Waterloo and Rock Me. After the final two had been chosen, Hari Varešanović of Hari Mata Hari performed his song Lejla, which placed third at last year's Eurovision Song Contest in Athens. Earlier in the programme, the Finnish ambassador to Slovenia joked with the presenters about how her five-year-old son had "brainwashed" her into being a Lordi fan!
As last year's Slovenian entrant An�ej De�an did not reach the final, Alenka will compete in the semi final on 10th May in Helsinki.
The order of the songs
Alya – Vizija
- Zlati Muzikanti – Pepelka
- Dean Vivod & Tonus Kitaris – Hitmejker
- Nude – Element L
- Sebastian – Naj svet zakriči
- Denis – Nor sem nate
- Don Corleone – Bella mia
- Tadeja Fatur – Drugaèna (Pesem)
- Zablujena Generacija – Kdo hoče plesati z menoj
- �ana – Druga violi
- Alenka Gotar – Cvet z juga
- Steffy & Donald Trumper – Zadel si me v zivo
- Martin Perović – Zadeni me
- Eva Černe – Čude�i smehljaja