LTV, the Latvian national broadcaster has announced the names of the 24 lucky acts that will compete in the 2014 Latvian national selection, Dziesma 2014. The running order and allocation for each of the semi-finals has been revealed too.
A total of 12 acts will compete in each of the 2 semi-finals. The 2014 Latvian national selection Dziesma 2014 will consist of 3 shows: 2 semifinals on February 1- 2 and the grand final on February 22. The semi-finals will be held in Riga whilst the grand final will be held in Ventspils.
- Dejo Tā – DJ Dween & Sabīne Berezina
- Bučas – Crazy Dolls
- I’m Happy – Tamara Rutkovska
- Here I Am Again – Niko
- I’ve Got – Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis
- Cake To Bake – Aarzemnieki
- Just Stop – Oskars Deigelis
- Stay – Samanta Tina
- Going All The Way – MyRadiantU
- I Can Breathe – Aminata Savadogo
- I Need More – Dāvis Matskins
- Saule Riet (Take Away) – Olga & Līgo
- Revelation – Ralfs Eilands, Valters Pūce & Nelli Bubujanca
- You Are The Reason – Katrine Lukins
- I Need A Soul-Twin – Mad Show Boys
- Lights On – Markus Riva
- Breathe Slow – Anete Volmane
- What If It Was – Rolands Ūdris
- Moment and Tomorrow – Katrīna Bindere
- Pa Vidu Tu – Andris Kivičs
- Pēdējā Vēstule – Dons
- Is It Possible – Sabīne Vidriķe
- Pressure – Sabīne Berezina
- If I Could (Get Away) – Eirošmits
Latvia debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2000 and has won the event in 2002 with Marie N‘s I wanna. Latvia has competed in every single contest since its debut in 2000. 2014 will be the country’s 15th Eurovision entry.
In 2013 PeR represented Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo with Here we go.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest information on Latvia and the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.