The mammoth Lithuanian selection for Helsinki will begin in a week on Saturday, with the first newcomers heat to be held on the 13th January.
There will be a series of heats for 'newcomers, from which a few will qualify to the semi final rounds, to which more experienced acts will already be prequalified to. From these semis, about 20 will qualify to the final, to be held on the 3rd March.
The full dates:
- 13th January – Newcomer heat 1
- 20th January- Newcomer heat 2
- 27th January – Newcomer Final
- 17th February – Semi Final 1
- 24th February – Semi Final 2
- 3rd March – National Final
Due to LT United's 6th place in Athens, whoever represents Lithuania will be directly qualified to the final.