RTP, the Portuguese national broadcaster has released the snippets of the first thirteen Festival da Cançao competing entries.
Portugal is all set to retain the Eurovision grand prix on home soil, as it gears up for its iconic Eurovision national selection.
For the very first time in the history of the Portuguese national selection- Festival da Cançao, snippets of the competing songs have been released prior to the shows. You can listen to the snippets here.
Today RTP, the Portuguee national broadcaster has released snippets (45 seconds) of the first segment of Festival da Cançao entries (semi-final 1- 13 songs) . The remaining 13 entries’ snippets (semi-final 2) will be released a week today, on Monday 18 February at 13:00 CET.
- Peu Madureira (Diogo Clemente) – Só Por Ela
- Anabela (Fernando Tordo) – Para te Dar Abrigo
- Joana Barra Vaz (Francisca Cortesão) – Anda Estragar-me os Planos
- Janeiro (Janeiro) – Oficialmente (sem título)
- Rui David (Jorge Palma) – Sem Medo
- José Cid & Gonçalo Tavares (José Cid) – O Som da Guitarra é a Alma de Um Povo
- JP Simões (JP Simões) – Alvoroço
- Catarina Miranda (Júlio Resende) – Para Sorrir Eu Não Preciso de Nada
- Joana Espadim (Benjamin) – Zero a Zero
- Beatriz Pessoa (Mallu Magalhães) – Eu Te Amo
- Bruno Vasconcelos (Nuno Rafael) – Austrália
- Maria Amaral (Paulo Praça) – A Mesma Canção
- Rita Dias (Rita Dias) – Com Gosto Amigo
Festival da Cançao 2018
The 2018 edition of Festival da Cançao (FdC) will consist of 3 shows which will be aired on 18, 25 February (semi-finals) and 4 March (Grand Final).
The first 2 shows of FdC 2018 will be held at the RTP studios in Lisbon, whilst the grand final will be travelling outside the Portuguese capital, namely to Guimarães.
We will be heading to the north of Portugal in order to select the 2018 Eurovision hopeful who will follow Salvador Sobral’s footsteps.
A total of 26 acts will participate in the forthcoming 2018 Portuguese national selection Festival da Cançao 2018. Six hosts will be hosting the national selection (2 hosts per show).
The Grand Final of Festival da Cançao will take place on 4 March at the Pavilhão Multiusos de Guimarães in Guimarães. A total of 14 acts will fight for the right to fly the Portuguese colours at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon. The gala will be hosted by Filomena Cautela (Eurovision 2018 host) and Pedro Fernandes.
Festival da Cançao 2018 agenda
- 18/02: Semi-final 1 (13 participants, 7 finalists)
- 25/02: Semi-final 2 (13 participants, 7 finalists)
- 04/03: Final (14 finalists, 50/50 regional jury-televoting deliberation)
The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest will be held on 8, 10 and 12 May at the Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal