Germany will receive guidance from experts across the continent in the search for the 2018 Eurovision representative, with the country’s national broadcaster confirming the names of the 19 members set to be a part of the international jury in the German national final.
Next month sees the 2-time Eurovision winning country of Germany set to select their representative for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest, the act of which will be determined through the country’s national final, Unser Lied für Lissabon.
The search has been ongoing for a number of months in Germany, with the 6 candidates for the national final being selected and revealed in December 2017. The candidates were selected with the help of a 100-member jury back in November 2017.
International jury members
The winner of the German national final will be determined via 3 separate voting groups: the international jury, the Eurovision panel and the public vote. Each voting group will have a third of the final say in the outcome of Unser Lied für Lissabon.
Last week, the German national broadcaster – NDR – confirmed the names of the 19 members set to feature in the international jury panel, each of whom have already had past experience has members of a national Eurovision jury for their own home countries.
- Anca Lupes (49): Music business professional (Romania)
- Argyro Christodoulidou (35): Composer and lyricist (Cyprus)
- Bruno Berberes (59): Casting director (France)
- Einar Bardason (45): Songwriter and producer (Iceland)
- Filip Adamo (41): Musician and producer (Sweden)
- Florent Luyckx (54): Managing director (Netherlands)
- Gore Melian (30): Singer-songwriter and producer (Armenia)
- Grzegorz Urban (34): Composer, arranger and pianist (Poland)
- Helga Möller (60): Singer, Eurovision 1986 participant (Iceland)
- Henrik Johnsson (45): Television presenter and producer (Sweden)
- Margaret Berger (32): Songwriter and DJ, Eurovision 2013 participant (Norway)
- Maria Marcus (38): Producer and songwriter (Spain/Sweden)
- Mark De Lisser (42): Vocal coach (United Kingdom)
- Rafailas Karpis (34): Opera singer (Lithuania)
- Rennie Mirro (46): Dancer, choreographer and actor (Sweden)
- Ruth Lorenzo Pascual (35): Singer and composer, Eurovision 2014 participant (Spain)
- Sascha Reimann (44): Musician, rapper and actor (Germany)
- Tinkara Kovac (39) Singer and flutist, Eurovision 2014 participant (Slovenia)
- Typh Barrow (30): Singer and composer (Belgium)
From the above international jury members, 4 have previously participated onstage at the Eurovision Song Contest: Helga Möller, Margaret Berger, Ruth Lorenzo Pascual and Tinkara Kovac.
Unser Lied für Lissabon will take place next month on the 22 February from 20:15 CET, airing on channels Das Erste, ONE and Deutsche Welle.
The winner of the national final will press on as Germany’s representative at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest, competing in the final of the competition as a member of the ‘Big 5’ on the 12 May.