The results are in and we have our final 16 Campioni acts in the 2017 Sanremo Music Festival, the winner of which will be determined on Saturday evening. Who will we see in Kyiv this coming May for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest?
Tonight saw the penultimate show of Italy’s Sanremo Music Festival 2017 in which we saw the final of the Nuove Proposte category as well as the continuation of the Campioni event.
We have our Campioni finalists
This evening saw the 20 Campioni qualifiers from the first 3 evenings of the festival competing for a place in Saturday’s grand final of the competition.
It was down to a combined vote consisting of televoting, expert jury voting and demoscopic poll voting in order to determine tonight’s top acts, with the 16 most voted for entries qualifying to the Sanremo 2017 final.
- Chiara – Nessun posto è casa mi
- Clementino – Ragazzi fuori
- Marco Masini – Spostato di un secondo
- Alessio Bernabei – Nel mezzo di un applauso
- Michele Zarrillo – Mani nelle mani
- Elodie – Tutta colpa mia
- Paola Turci – Fatti bella per te
- Bianca Atzei – Ora esisti solo tu
- Sergio Sylvestre – Con te
- Samuel Umberto Romano – Vedrai
- Michele Bravi – Il diario degli errori
- Lodovica Comello – Il cielo non mi basta
- Ermal Meta – Vietato morire
- Francesco Gabbani – Occidentali’s karma
- Fabrizio Moro – Portami via
- Fiorella Mannoia – Che sia benedetta
Giusy Ferreri, Ron, Al Bano and Gigi D’Alessio ended in the bottom 4 positions on the evening and therefore were eliminated from the contest.
Nuove Proposte 2017 winner crowned
This evening also saw the final 4 Nuove Proposte acts competing for the right to be crowned the Newcomer winner of the 2017 Sanremo Music Festival.
Tonight’s Nuove Proposte winner was determined via the same voting mechanism as the Campioni finalists; Lele went on to receive the highest percentage of the votes with his entry Ora mai, therefore taking home the Nuove Proposte 2017 trophy!
The Sanremo 2017 final is here!
Tonight’s 16 Campioni qualifiers will compete in Saturday’s grand final, the winner of which will be determined in 2 rounds; round 1 will see the 16 acts compete for a place in the superfinal of the event, the top 3 of which will perform once again.
The act which receives the highest percentage of the votes in round 2 will be crowned the winner of the Campioni 2017 competition and will be offered the chance to represent Italy at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest.
You can check out our full guide on the whole Sanremo 2017 competition for a more in-depth look at this year’s Italian festival.