Imaani, the United Kingdom's most successful Eurovision Song Contest entry since the country's last victory, will be making a special appearance for British fans at next week's UK Eurovision Preview Party at Scala in London. It will be her first performance of where are you? in the United Kingdom for more than ten years.
Imaani took second place on home soil in 1998, missing out on victory to Israel's Dana International by just six points. The song was a hit in the United Kingdom and remains a favourite with fans of the Eurovision Song Contest.
For the last few years, Imaani has been singing with soul outfit Incognito. She made a guest appearance at the SchlagerPride night in Stockholm in 2007 but has not performed her song, Where are you? in the United Kingdom for ten years.
The soul star is currently heavily pregnant with her first child, but after initially turning down the chance to perform, decided that she couldn't miss the chance to perform to a crowd of Eurovision fans again. She told organisers "I loved doing Eurovision and the crowd in Stockholm were incredible. I've been turning down gigs because I'm supposed to be resting, but how can I say no to this?"
The UKeurovision Preview Party takes place once again at Scala, Kings Cross, London on Friday 17th April.
- Tickets for the UKeurovision Preview Party are onsale now for £15 here. Discount tickets for £12 are available to OGAE members and UKeurovision Schlager Party loyalty card holders.
- Book your tickets here for the UKeurovision Schlager Party this Friday 27th March.
- Join the UKeurovision Facebook page here to stay up to date with all events.
Imaani at the 1998 Eurovision Song Contest:
Imaani performs at 2007 Schlagerpride Concert in Stockholm:
Acts confirmed to perform in London on Friday 17th April 2009 are:
- Sveltana Loboda (Ukraine 2009)
- Elena (Romania 2009)
- Lidia (Poland 2009)
- Yohanna (Iceland 2009)
- Christina Metaxa (Cyprus 2009)
- Krassimir (Bulgaria 2009)
- Petr Elfimov (Belarus 2009)
- Fridrik Omar (Iceland 2008)
- Imaani (United Kingdom 1998)