With the grand Melodifestivalen 2016 final taking place this coming Saturday, the Swedish national broadcaster SVT has revealed the full interval line-up which will feature in this weekend’s show.
Hosted at the Friends Arena in the city of Stockholm, the final show of the Swedish national selection will see the 12 finalists perform their bidding entries on the Melodifestivalen stage for the last time before the winner is decided via a combined televote and jury vote.
In addition to the 12 finalists performances, a special super-interval act will feature in Saturday night’s Melodifestivalen final, including a grand total of 15 former Melfest performers and hit songs over the last 14 years!
Kicking off with a performance from the Melfest 2002 runner-up, DJ Méndez, the upcoming interval act will focus on the Melodifestivalen hits over the years from 2002 onwards. Focus are hits and not winners, explains contest producer Edward af Sillén.
Interval medley line-up
- DJ Méndez – Adrenaline (2002)
- Mariette – Don’t stop believing (2015)
- Timoteij – Kom (2010)
- Brandsta City Släckers – Kom o ta mig (2002)
- Linus Svenning – Bröder (2014)
- Sarah Dawn Finer – Moving on (2009)
- Magnus Carlsson – Live forever (2007)
- Caroline af Ugglas – Snälla, snälla (2009)
- Andreas Johnson – Sing for me (2006)
- Nanne Grönvall – Håll om mig (2005)
- Anton Ewald – Begging (2013)
- Kikki & Bettan – Vem e de du vill ha (2002)
- BWO – Lay your love on me (2008)
- Charlotte Perrelli – Hero (2008)
- After Dark – La dolce vita (2004)
The final of Melodifestivalen 2016, hosted by Gina Dirawi and William Spetz, takes place this Saturday on the 12 March. The final will air from 20:00 CET live on SVT 1.