The acts that will compete for the right to represent Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 have been announced.
The list features some familiar names to the country’s pre-selection shows, including last years finalists ElektroFolk and Markus Riva.
Samanta Tina also makes a return having reached the super-final in the Latvian selection in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Supernova 2016 acts:
- ElektroFolk – Miracle drums
- Sabīne Berezina – My inspiration
- Paula Dukure – Look in the mirror
- Rūta Dūduma – Being a friend
- Samanta Tina – We live for love
- Justs – Heartbeat
- Ivo Grīsninš-Grīslis – We are the light
- Edvards Grieze – New day
- Marta Grigale – Choices
- Catalepsia – Damnation
- Madara Grēgere – You and I
- Crow Mother – Demons
- Markus Riva – I can
- Samanta Tīna – The love is forever
- MyRadiantU – We will be stars
- Mārtinš Ruskis – Still holding stars
- DVINES – Set it on fire
- Marta Ritova – Not from this world
- Miks Dukurs – Paradise
- Iluta Alsberga – On hold
You can listen to each of the competing entries on the LTV Supernova Soundcloud page.
The live shows kick-off on February 7 with the first heat, with the second heat a week later.
LTV Supernova schedule:
- Heat one – 7 February
- Heat two – 14 February
- Semi-final – 21 February
- Final – 28 February