Twelve songs are left in the running to represent Iceland in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest. These entries have been split into four semi finals and the line-ups of these four heats have now been revealed by broadcaster RÚV.
The line-ups of the four semi finals:
1st semi final, 19th January
- Páll Rósinkrans – Gef mér von
- Magni Ásgeirsson – Nuna veit ég
(Hafdís Huld Þrastardóttir)
- Ína Valgerður Pétursdóttir, Seth Sharp og Berglind Ósk Guðgeirsdóttir – Lullaby to peace
(Magnús Þór Sigmundsson)
2nd semi final, 26th January
- Bjartur Guðjónsson – The girl in the golden dress
- Davíð Þorsteinn Olgeirsson – In your dreams
(Davíð Þorsteinn Olgeirsson)
- Baggalútur – Hvað var það sem þú sást í honum?
3rd semi final, 2nd February
- Hrund Ósk Árnadóttir& Pálmi Gunnarsson – Leigubílar
- Eurobandið – Fullkomið líf
- Dr. Spock – Hvar ertu nú?
4th semi final, 9th February
- Mercedes Club – Ho, ho, ho we say hey, hey, hey
- Ragnheiður Gröndal – Don't wake me up
(Margrét Kristín Sigurðardóttir)
- Haffi Haff – The wiggle wiggle song
Two songs of each heat will reach the national final to be held on 23rd February. There has been a change to the line-up since the quarter finals: Iceland's 2003 representative Birgitta Haukdal, who performed the song Nuna veit ég in the semi finals with Magni Ásgeirssonhas disappeared from the list.
In 2005, 2006 and 2007, Iceland did not manage to reach the final of the Eurovision Song Contest although the country was sometimes quite close finishing 16th, 13th and again 13th in the semi final respectively. Iceland will haveto take part in one of the semi finalsin Belgrade.