A total of eighteen acts performed throughout the day, before the Expert jury in Switzerland. Six candidates representing four of Switzerland’s national broadcasters were chosen to proceed to the Swiss National Final, taking place on 31 January.
A total of eighteen candidates, representing four of Switzerland’s national broadcasters, performed before an expert panel, who assessed each candidate’s vocal ability, stage presence and competency as a live performer. Six of the eighteen candidates proceed to Die Große Entscheidungsshow, Switzerland’s National Final, which will take place at the Bodensee Arena at Kreuzlingen on Saturday 31st January 2015. The marathon show which was hosted by Clarissa Tami, was available online through a webcast.
Die Große Entscheidungsshow candidates
The 6 acts that will perform in Die Große Entscheidungsshow on 31 January 2015 are:
- Andy McSean – Hey now (SRF/RTR)
- Timebelle – Singing about love (SRF/RTR)
- Tiziana – Only human (SRF/RTR)
- Licia Chery – Fly (RTS)
- Mélanie René – Time to shine (RTS)
- Deborah Bough – Take me back to 23 (RSI)
The jury was consist of
- Rafael Antonio, Choreograph
- Freda Goodlett, Vocal Coach
- Moritz Faccin, Director Strategic Marketing Universal (SRF)
- Catherine Colombara, Cheffe d’antenne Option Musique (RTS)
- Nicola Locarnini, Musiker (RSI)
Switzerland has made a total of fifty-five appearances at the Eurovision Song Contest since debuting in 1956. The Alpine country has won the Contest on two occasions: in 1956 with Lys Assia and 1988 with Céline Dion.
Switzerland was last represented at Eurovision by Sebalter, whose charming entry Hunter of Starsachieved a thirteenth placing at the Grand Final of the Copenhagen Contest of 2014, with a total of sixty-four points.