Earlier today, TVR, the Romanian national broadcaster of the Eurovision Song Contest, revealed the names of the 12 artists who have qualified to the Romanian national final Selecţia Naţională.
Earlier this week, TVR announced that 150 entries had been submitted to take part in Selecţia Naţională. An expert jury were then asked to listen to all of the submitted entries and after a deliberation, 12 entries have been shortlisted to compete in the Romanian national final.
The 12 finalists
The finalists will be listed below. The composers are listed in brackets.
- Ştefan Stan feat. Teddy K – Breathe (Eduard Cârcotă, Teddy K)
- Naomy – Daca tu iubeşti (Jimi Laco, Rareş Borcea)
- Bere Gratis – Despre mine şi ea (Marius Bob, Mihail Georgescu)
- Silvia Dumitrescu – Fiorul iubirii (Virgil Popescu)
- Marcel Crăciunescu – Hardjock (Marcel Crăciunescu)
- Anca Florescu – Hearts collide (Gabriel Băruţă, Alexandra Ivan)
- Vizi Imre – Kind of girl (Vizi Imre)
- Renée Santana & Mike Diamondz – Letting go (Mihai Alexandru, Alexandra Niculae, Mike Diamondz)
- Paula Seling & Ovi – Miracle (Ovidiu Cernăuţeanu, Phillip Halloun, Victor Forberg Skogberg, Frida Amundsen)
- Mirela Vaida Boureanu – One more time (Bogdan Taşcău, Cristian Dumitraşcu, Alin Ţigănuş, Alexandra Ivan)
- The dAdA – Unpredictable (Mihai Ungureanu, Septimiu Urzică, Theodor Nicolae, Marian Bobiceag)
- The Zuralia Orchestra – You know (Aurel Mirea)
The Romanian national final Selecția Națională 2014 will take place on the 1 March at the Sică Alexandrescu Theatre in Brasov. Romania will then compete in the second semi-final at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest on the 8 May.
Romania debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest back in 1994 with the entry Dincolo de nori performed by Dan Bittman. He ended in 21st place with a total of 14 points. Romania’s best result was in both 2005 (Luminiţa Anghel) and 2010 (Paula Seling & Ovi). After qualifying from their semi-finals, they both ended in 3rd place at the grand final.
Last year, Cezar won the Romanian national selection with his song It’s my life. At the contest, Cezar qualified from the semi-final eventually ending in 13th place at the grand final.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest news on Romania and the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.