Tonight, the Belarusian national selection that will decide who will represent Belarus at the Eurovision Song Contest will take place at the 600m Studio in Minsk. 14 acts will battle for the right to represent Belarus at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest which is being hosted in Copenhagen.
Both Olga Ryzhykova and Denis Dudinskiy will host tonight’s show where the 14 finalists will perform their entries. The Belarusian representative will be selected via a combination of a public televote and a jury deliberation.
How to watch
The show will be aired at 20:00 CET on the following channels.
- Belarus 1
- Belarus 24
- Live webcast on eurovision.tv
You can listen to most of the participating entries here.
- Natalia Tamelo – Not what I’ve been looking for
- Nuteki – Fly away
- Artem Mikhalenko – Rapsodiya №1 (Рапсодия №1)
- Matvei Cooper and band DUX – Strippers
- TEO – Cheesecake
- Daria – Starlight
- Elena Siniavskaya – Via lattea
- Alina Moshchenko – Angel crying
- Janette – You will be here
- Anastasia Milashevskaya – Runaway
- Switter Boys feat. Kate&Volga Karol – Vechnaya lyubov (Вечная любовь)
- Napoli – Stay with me
- Max Lorens & DiDyuLya – Now you’re gone
- Tasha Odi – Empty universe
A number of special guests will be performing at the Belarusian selection including Belarus’s previous representative Alyona Lanskaya. Other named guests include Polina Smolova (Belarus 2006), Gunesh and Alexander Solodukha.
Belarus debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2004. Belarus’s best result to date was in 2007 when Dmitry Koldun was selected to represent his country in the host city of Helsinki. He gave Belarus their first qualification since their debut with his entry Work your magic, eventually ending in 6th place with a total of 145 points.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest news on Belarus and the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.