Greece: Helena to sing 'My number one'

by Sietse Bakker 30 views

Helena Paparizou will sing My number one in Kiev. That's the outcome of tonight's Greek national final. A jury decided the outcome for 40%, the other 60% of the votes came from SMS and televote.

During a live show from Fever Music Centre in Athens, Helena Paparizou performed three songs: OK, You're my number one and Let's get wild. The fourth song, The light in our soul, dropped out because it appeared the song was released on CD in May 2004 and distributed through Amazon.de.

Earlier, Helena Paparizou was selected internally at the Greek public broadcaster ERT. A professional jury and SMS and televoting selected My number one to be the Greek song for Kiev. My number one is composed by Christos Dantis. Together with Natalia Germanou he also wrote the lyrics to the song.

Among others, Chiara (Malta), Glennis Grace (the Netherlands) and Marian van de Wal (Andorra) appeared as guest stars, while Alcazar (Sweden), Zeljko Jocksimovic (Serbia & Montenegro) and the Greek 2004 Junior Eurovision Song Contest participants joined the show as guests.

Thanks to Sakis Rouvas and his third place in 2004, Greece has been granted a place in the final of the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on 21st May in Kiev, Ukraine.

Later on you can expect more news from the Greek song selection.

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!