Romanian broadcaster TVR has revealed the 12 participants for the Romanian national final, to take place on 5th March. Until 20th February, songs could be submitted. TVR received 124 entries and today selected 12 of them to compete for representing Romania in Kiev.
These are the 12 Romanian finalists:
1. Loredana Groza – Le le
2. Nico & Mihai Traistariu – All the time
3. Luminita Anghel & Sistem – Let me try
4. Alexandra Ungureanu – Your love
5. Maria Magdalena Danaila – Learn to say good bye
6. Centru' Civic – Living for today
7. June – Come into my life
8. Academica – Heading for glory
9. Pops – I need you so
10. Juke Box – Lonely in heaven
11. Mandinga – Soarele meu
12. De la Vegas – Zi sni noapte
Loredana Groza is already being considered as the one to beat. Last year she received an award for Best Female Artist at the MTV Romanian Music Awards.
From 24th February until 4th March, the songs will be presented to the Romanian public via TVR1 and TVR2. After rehearsals on 3rd and 4th March, the Romanian national final will be held on 5th March and broadcast live on TVR1 as of 20.00 local time. A combination of a professional jury and televoting will point out the Romanian representative for the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev.
Romania will participate in the semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest since Sanda Ladosi (pictured) did not succeed in finishing in the top 10 last year in Istanbul.