12 acts known! We’re back in Sweden, where the Second Chance round of their national selection event Melodifestivalen was held in the city of Nyköping. On tonight’s show, we enjoyed 8 strong acts trying their very best, at their last chance to secure a spot at next Saturday’s Grand Final.
Tonight’s participants were the 8 entrants which had come 3rd and 4th in each of the event’s 4 semi-finals, held in the past few weeks. The show was divided into duel rounds, each having only one winner. The result lied only on the public’s say, according to Melodifestivalen’s newly-introduced voting system.
Without further wait, tonight’s duels and winner’s were (winners in bold):
- Andreas Johnson – Army of us VS Anna Bergendahl – Ashes to ashes
- Vlad Reiser – Nakna i regnet VS Nano – Chasing rivers
- Martin Stenmarck – Låt skiten brinna VS Lisa Ajax – Torn
- Rebecka Karlsson – Who I am VS Arvingarna – I do
Hence, we now have the complete line-up and running order for next Saturday’s Grand Final! The 12 acts that will fight for the coveted Eurovision ticket are:
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren – Norrsken (Goeksegh)
- Lisa Ajax – Torn
- Mohombi – Hello
- Lina Hedlund – Victorious
- Bishara – On my own
- Anna Bergendahl – Ashes to ashes
- Nano – Chasing rivers
- Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO – Hold you
- Malou Prytz – I do me
- John Lundvik – Too late for love
- Wiktoria – Not with me
- Arvingarna – I do
We’re straight to the very last act of Melodifestivalen 2019! The event’s Grand Final will be taking place on 9 March, at the Friends Arena of the Swedish capital Stockholm? Who would you like to see win the overall competition?
Sweden will compete in the first half of the second semi-final on 16 May.