Bucharest calling! A fifth Eurovision act is all set to be introduced this Super Weekend and is none other than the Romanian one. Following two impressive semi-final evenings in the cities of Iași and Arad, it’s time for the country’s national selection event to move back to Bucharest and crown the overall winner!
12 shortlisted acts are going to compete tonight, in the hope of the Romanian representation this year in Tel Aviv. The show will be held at the Sala Polivalentă venue, which was home to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2006.
Tonight’s result lies on both the public’s and an international jury’s verdict. Among the 6 jury members, we can meet the 2013 Eurovision winner, Emmelie de Forest.
- Linda Teodosiu – Renegades
- Olivier Kaye – Right now
- Laura Bretan – Dear father
- Teodora Dinu – Skyscraper
- Claudiu Mirea – We are the ones
- Aldo Blaga – Your journey
- Ester Peony – On a Sunday
- Letiția Moisescu and Sensibil Balkan – Daina
- Bella Santiago – Army of love
- Trooper – Destin
- Dya and Lucian Colareza – Without you (Sin ti)
- Vaida – Underground
The show will also be featured by the performances of two former Eurovision winners, who will take the stage as interval acts. These will be last year’s winner Netta, as well as Emmelie de Forest.
How to watch
The Grand Final of Selecția Națională 2019 will air from 19:30 CET (20:30 local time) via the following channels:
- TVR 1
- TVR HD
- TVR International
- TVR Moldova
- TVR +
- Live webcast via tvrplus.ro
Romania will be competing in the first half of the second semi-final evening on 16 May.