OT 2018 continues in Spain with its nineth show scheduled to be held tonight. The talent show’s Gala #8 will see the ten remaining candidates battling for the coveted trophy and OT2018’s seventh eviction.
Spain is the first country to have kicked off its search for its Eurovision 2019 hopeful and entry via a televised show.
Last week saw the show’s sixth eviction, Noelia left the academy and joined Dave, Damion, Alfonso, Joan Garrido and Africa in the list of evicted participants. Now ten hopefuls remain in the competition with yet another eviction set to take to place tonight.
How to watch?
You can watch Operación Triunfo Gala #8 via the following channels at 22:30 CEST:
- TVE 1
- TVE HD
- TVE Internacional (Africa/Europe)
- TVE 1 webcast
Tonight will see the seventh eviction of OT 2018, Marilia and Carlos Right are both in the hot seat since last week, one of them will be eliminated. The key decision lies in the hands of the Spanish audience who will vote for their favourite candidate.
The OT 2018 hopefuls will perform cover songs during tonight’s show:
- Carlos Right– Everything (Michael Bublé)
- Marilia–Hasta la raíz (Natalia Lafourcade)
- Famous & Marta–September (Earth, Wind & Fire)
- Natalia–Aunque no sea conmigo ( Celso Piña)
- Julia–90 minutos (India Martínez)
- Miki–We can dance (The Vamps)
- Alba Reche–Je veux ( Zaz)
- María & Sabela–I wanna hold your hand (The Beatles)
The show will be hosted by Roberto Leal.
This week James Arthur, David Bisbal, Greeicy, Carlos Baute and Marta Sánchez. will be attending tonight’s gala and mesmerising the Spanish audience with their latest music.
During the show the 10 candidates will show off their vocal skills and will undergo the following elimination procedure after their respective performaces during tonight’s gala:
- The Spanish audience will save their favorite candidate from the jury’s deliberation
- The OT 2018 four member jury will select 4 candidates to proceed to the next show and nominate 4 candidates to leave the academy.
- The teacher committee will save 1 candidate out of the 4 nominees
- The 6 participants will save 1 candidate out of the remaining 3 nominees.
- The last two nominees will be in the hot seat for a week and will undergo a public deliberation, the candidate with the least public votes will be eliminated from the competition the following week.
- Alba Reche
- Carlos Right
Operación Triunfo and Eurovision
2019 will see Spain select its Eurovision act and entry for the 5th time via Operacion Triunfo, having used this mechanism in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2018.
OT 2018 will determine the 2019 Spanish Eurovision representative, all 16 OT participants will be eligible to defend the Spanish colours in Tel Aviv.
One of 16 OT 2018 will follow Alfred & Amaia‘s footsteps and fly the Spanish flag at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv.