The first national final of the 2011 season will take place tonight in Switzerland. A total of twelve acts will compete to win the right of representing the Alpine country next May in neighbouring Germany.
For the first time since 2004, Switzerland will not choose their Eurovision representative internally. Die grosse Entscheidungs Show is the name of the 2011 Swiss selection for Eurovision. The procedure is a joint venture of the three national broadcasters of the country – SF for the German-speaking part, RTS for the French-speaking region and RSI for the Italian-speaking cantons. Each of them have followed a method of their own in order to place candidates in the nationwide final, to be held in Kreuzlingen.
The show will be hosted by Sven Epiney, with Francine Jordi, Pepe Lienhard, Nik Hart, Peter Reber and Bashi as guest experts. They will have their say on the 12 entries, but the winner will be decided via televoting alone.
How to watch
- Live on SF1, TSR2 and RSI-Rete 2at 20:05 CET
- Webcast (Available within Switzerland only)
- Webcast (Available worldwide)
- Polly Duster – Up to you
- Duke – Waiting for ya
- Andrina – Drop of drizzle
- Bernarda Brunovic – Confidence
- Anna Rossinelli – In love for a while
- Aliose – Sur les paves
- Dominique Borriello – Il ritmo dentro di noi
- Scilla – Barbie Doll
- CH – Gib nid uf
- Ilira and The Colors – Home
- Sarah Burgess – Just me
- The Glue – Come what may