Denmark: DR reveals full voting breakdown of DMGP

by Stratos Agadellis 1,516 views

It is the singer Rasmussen who will represent Denmark at Eurovision 2018, as decided by the country’s established national selection Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (DMGP). Following the 2018 selection, the Danish broadcaster DR (Danmarks Radio) has now unveiled the full voting results for the three superfinalists.

Rasmussen was on… higher ground!

As already known, a combined jury and public vote influenced the outcome of the national final, each with a 50% say. Both the public and the jury agreed that Rasmussen with Higher ground should be the winner and Denmark’s hopeful in Lisbon. But let’s see how the full breakdown looks:

  1. RasmussenHigher ground – (Jury: 30%, Public: 20.1%, Total: 50.1%)
  2. Anna RitsmarStarlight – (Jury: 13.3%, Public: 18%, Total: 31.3%)
  3. Albin FredyMusic for the road – (Jury: 6.7%, Public: 11.9%, Total: 18.6%)

When it comes to the jury’s votes, Rasmussen won by far the second and third acts with a percentage of 30% (16.7% gap from Starlight), whilst in the televoting the gap from Anna Ritsmar‘s entry and was much smaller (2.1%).

Below you may enjoy the Danish 2018 entry:

Denmark at Eurovision

The Scandinavian country firstly entered the contest in 1957 and this marks their 47th Eurovision apperance. The Danes have enjoyed three victories and several Top 5 placings. Their most recent 1st place was back in 2013, with Emmelie de Forest and the folk entry Only teardrops.

Last year’s DMGP winner was the young artist Anja Nissen, with the song Where I am. She managed to advance to Kyiv’s Grand Final, after two continuous semi-final eliminations in 2015 and 2016 and finished 20th with 77 points.

What do you think of the Danish entry for Lisbon?

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!