Yesterday saw confirmation that Mikolas Josef had won the Czech national final, earning the right to represent the nation at Eurovision 2018. But by how much did the young hopeful win by? The full results are now out!
Announced yesterday evening during the ČT news channel, it was confirmed that Mikolas Josef had received the highest number of points in the country’s returning national final, therefore becoming the country’s next Eurovision representative.
Now, we know the full breakdown of the Eurovision Song CZ results, giving an interesting insight into the international jury and national public favourites in the national final.
Full results unveiled
Earlier this evening, ČT released the points of both the jury and public vote, with the eventual Czech winner receiving the highest number of votes in both voting groups. Here are the full results!
The international jury consisted of a total of 10 members, each of whom have previously competed in past editions of the Eurovision Song Contest, mainly from 2016 and 2017.
- 8 points: Mikolas Josef – Lie to me (68 points in total)
- 6 points: Debbi – High on love (54 points in total)
- 4 points: Pavel Callta – Never forget (34 points in total)
- 3 points: Doctor Victor – StandUP (30 points in total)
- 2 points: Eva Burešová – Fly (27 points in total)
- 2 points: Eddie Stoilow – We rule this world (27 points in total)
Both Eva Burešová and Eddie Stoilow received the same amount of points from the international jury, therefore each earning 2 points.
The public votes were collected via the official Eurovision app. Whilst viewers from across the globe were able to vote, only the votes of the Czech public were counted in the final vote.
- 8 points: Mikolas Josef – Lie to me
- 6 points: Eva Burešová – Fly
- 4 points: Pavel Callta – Never forget
- 3 points: Debbi – High on love
- 2 points: Eddie Stoilow – We rule this world
- 1 point: Doctor Victor – StandUP
Combined and final results
Following the combination of votes, the eventual results of the national final were as follows:
- 16 points: Mikolas Josef – Lie to me
- 9 points: Debbi – High on love
- 8 points: Eva Burešová – Fly
- 8 points: Pavel Callta – Never forget
- 4 points: Eddie Stoilow – We rule this world
- 4 points: Doctor Victor – StandUP
Zde jsou slíbené kompletní výsledky hlasování v ESCZ 2018 🇨🇿6️⃣BODY OD POROT: 8 bodů Mikolas Josef (celkem od deseti…
The Czech Republic will compete in the first half of the first semi-final on the 8 May, with the nation hoping to earn their second qualification to the Eurovision final on the 12 May.