The City of Lisbon is all set to host the forthcoming 2018 Eurovision Song Contest come May. The stunning Portuguese capital is gearing up for our favourite television show with an extraordinary social programme and numerous side events.
Both the 2018 Eurovision host broadcaster RTP and Lisbon will be spreading the Eurovision fever throughout the city. Numerous events are planned to take place during the 2 Eurovision weeks throughout the city, thus giving the thousands of Eurovision fans and visitors, journalists, delegations and artists the chance to explore and discover the different parts of the Portuguese capital.
Lisbon wants the Eurovision Song Contest to be spread and included throughout the city, thus involving all the different districts and showcasing them to the visitors in the best way possible.
- The Eurovision Song Contest Shows – Altice Arena- Parque da Naçoes (Expo 98 Complex)
- The Eurovision Village – Praça de Comercio
- The Blue Carpet – MAAT Complex- Belem District
- The Welcome Reception – venue yet to be confirmed
- The Euroclub – venue yet to be confirmed
The Eurovision Song Contest (live shows)
The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest will be held at the Altice Arena, located the Parque da Naçoes Complex, where the public will be able to attend at total of 9 Eurovision shows including the 3 live Eurovision shows.
Artists, delegations, accredited media and fans will be spending most of their day at the Eurovision venue, Press Centre and Delegation Bubble during the 2 Eurovision weeks all located at Parque da Naçaoes.
The Eurovision Village will be located in the heart of Lisbon at Terreiro do Paço (Praça de Comercio) and will very much be hot spot during the Eurovision Song Contest. The location is one of the most picturesque spots in Lisbon exquisitely overlooking the Tagus River.
Eurovision fans and the public will be able to watch the 3 Eurovision Song Contest shows live on a Giant Screen.
Visitors will be be able to experience theme nights, live shows, multi-genre musical shows, street animation, savour local and international delicacies at the Eurovision Village. Stalls and stands will be installed offering visitors food, drinks, activities, games etc.
RTP will be also constructing a special TV studio in the square where live interviews and progammes will be broadcast.
Eurovision fans and locals will be able to watch their favorite 2018 Eurovision acts perform on the Eurovision Village Grand Stage. The Eurovision Village will also include a Eurovision Cafe! The Eurovision Village will operate from 4-13 May 2018.
The Euroclub will be Eurovision hot spot during the night where we will all go to unwind after a hectic day!
Eurovision fans, accredited media and journalists, delegations and artists will be able to dance away until the early hours of the morning here. There will be live performances, Eurovision music and lots of dancing at the Euroclub. The only thing we know so far is that it will be on the waterfront. RTP is yet to determine the venue.
The Red Carpet will be transformed into the Blue Carpet specially for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in order to merge in with the theme art and slogan of this year’s competition All Aboard!
The Blue Carpet will be held at on of Lisbon’s most popular locations, namely the MAAT Complex in the district and will mark the official opening of the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with a grand parade of artists, delegations and commentators from the 42 participating countries. Artists will be able to greet and meet the assembled media, press and fans at the Blue Carpet.
Lisbon will be offering a grand variety of social programs and activities so that the 41 delegations visiting Portugal will be able to discover the city.
The Portuguese capital plans to have a many side events during the 2 Eurovision weeks throughout the city where both locals and visitors will be able to enjoy and experience the different facets of Lisbon.
Visitors to Lisbon during the Eurovision Song Contest will be able to see, feel, touch and hear Eurovision throughout the host city. Lisbon will be dressing up for the occasion, the 2018 Eurovision theme art, slogan and logos will be visible throughout the capital.
Eurovision 2018 provisional timeline
- 29/01/2018 – Eurovision 2018 Host Insignia Handover ceremony
- 29/01/2018 – Eurovision 2018 semi-final allocation draw
- January 2018 – Eurovision 2018 hosts announcement
- January 2018 – Eurovision 2018 stage design presentation
- 12/03/2018 – Heads of Delegation Meeting in Lisbon (TBC) – (provisional date)
- 01/04/2018 – RTP moves into Altice Arena – stage construction begins
- 29/04/2018 – Rehearsals begin (TBC) – (provisional date)
- 04/05/2018 – Eurovision Village opening
- 06/05/2018 – Blue Carpet ceremony at MAAT – (provisional date)
- 06/05/2018 – Welcome reception/Opening ceremony (TBC) – (provisional date)
- 07/05/2018 – Semi-final 1 – Jury show
- 08/05/2018 – Semi-final 1 – Family show
- 08/05/2018 – Semi-final 1 – Live broadcast
- 09/05/2018 – Semi-final 2 – Jury show
- 10/05/2018 – Semi-final 2 – Family show
- 10/05/2018 – Semi-final 2 – Live broadcast
- 11/05/2018 – Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final – Jury final
- 12/05/2018 – Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final – Family show
- 12/05/2018 – Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final – Live broadcast
The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 8, 10 and 12 May at the Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal.