The first semi final of the Lithuanian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 was held tonight. Eleven acts competed and three of them were chosen to compete in the national final.
The following three acts will compete in the national final on 4th March:
- Aiste Pilvelyte – Melancoli
- Sasha Song & Nora – Say 'yes' to life
- Monika Linkyte – Give away
The qualifiers were chosen by a jury and televoting. Both the jury and the televoters gave 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 point to their respective top ten. Sasha Song & Nora were the winners of the jury vote while Aiste Pilvelyte was the clear favourite of the televoters getting about four times as many votes as the runner-up.
- Aiste Pilvelyte – 22 points
- Sasha Song & Nora – 22 points
- Monika Linkyte – 15 points
- Kafka, Ruta & Kivi – 12 points
- Gabriele – 10 points
- Mino – 9 points
- Urte – 9 points
- Avenue Acoustic – 9 points
- Imantas – 6 points
- Onsa – 4 points
- Daina Bileviciute – 0 points
This was the first of three semi finals. Another set of performers will compete in the second semi final next Saturday.
In 2009, Lithuania was represented by Sasha Son, who finshed ninth in the second semi final and 23rd n the final with Love.