The Romanian broadcaster TVR announced moments ago the names of the artists selected to participate at the country's national selection for Eurovision. Despite it was previously announced that a maximum of 15 acts would go through, the final number was brought to 16 due to equal scores in the lowest placings of the jury's list.
These are the selected acts to compete at Romania's national selection:
- Come as one – Artist TBA
- It's not too late – Paula Seling & Kamara
- Searching for perfect emotion – Artist TBA
- Running out of time – Pasager
- Playing with fire – Paula Seling & Ovi
- See you in heaven, Michael – Artist TBA
- Come along – Laura Petrescu & Mihai Preda
- Jack Pott – Razvan Krivach
- Around around – Catalin Josan
- Crazy – Alexandra Ungureanu
- Love is war – Tina G
- I'm running – Dalma Kovacs
- Save their lives – Luminita Anghel, Tony Tomas, Adrian Piper
- Baby – Artist TBA
- Lay me down – Zero (Vlad Manolache, Laurentiu Costea, Alex Piscunov, Ionut Bacula, Tudor Ionescu)
- Surrender – Anda Adam
Songs from spot #14 to #16 shared the same score given by the jury, therefore its members decided to grant them a place in the competition.
Among the finalists we recognise several known faces, such as Luminita Anghel (2005 Romanian representative), Zero (2009 Romanian national final), Paula Seling (1998, 2003, 2004 and 2008 NF), Ovi (2009 Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix) or Laura Petrescu, former member of Wassabi (2007 NF).
The Romanian jury was made up by CÄ�lin GeambaÅ�u, Dana Dorian, Andrei Kerestely, Alexandra Cepraga, Dida DrÄ�gan, Adrian Despot, Cornel Fugaru, Titus Andrei, Andrei PartoÅ�, Horia Romanescu and Alexandru Catalan.