Eurovision 2017: Hungary is rehearsing next

People on stage:
x3
Vocal abilities:
Stage presentation:
Special Effects:
Backdrop:
* the rating is based on the general opinion from the viewing press representatives.
Outfits:

Joci is dressed very similarly to his previous performances. This time, he is all in black. He wears drop-crotch trousers, black t-shirt and a traditional-looking jacket with elaborate button details. The jacket is given a modern edge by its leather material.

02/05/2017 8:00 pm

Joci finished in fourth position in day 3 of ESCToday’s Daily Press Poll 2017, receiving a total of 39 points from today’s 35 viewing press representatives

Nathan Trent from #Austria is the winner of our Press Poll today, with Ilinca The Artist and Alex Florea from #Romania…

Posted by Esctoday on Tuesday, May 2, 2017

02/05/2017 6:45 pm

Where did Hungary place in day 3 of ESCToday’s Daily Press Poll 2017? Watch now as we unveil today’s results in full

Kyiv Calling: Third day of rehearsals in Ukraine

Tune in with ESCToday for the second semi-final rehearsals review

Posted by Esctoday on Tuesday, May 2, 2017

02/05/2017 3:20 pm

A sneak peek at Hungary’s first rehearsal at the IEC

02/05/2017 2:47 pm

“A huge smile for you from Kyiv!” – Joci’s reaction following his first rehearsal

02/05/2017 2:41 pm

“I’m the living example of celebrating diversity” – Backstage with Joci before his first rehearsal

02/05/2017 2:18 pm

A first look at Hungary’s first rehearsal:

02/05/2017 2:11 pm

Here’s a look at Hungary’s first rehearsal in still-form! (Thomas Hanses/Eurovision.tv ©)

01/05/2017 3:11 pm

Joci on his way to Kyiv in time for tomorrow’s first rehearsal!

Indulás Kijevbe ✈️ 👉🏼 Eurovision Song Contest

Posted by Pápai Joci on Monday, May 1, 2017

In Joci’s meet & greet session, the Hungarian singer spoke of his family background:

I think I am lucky to be born into my gypsy family and god gave me the ability to play the guitar since I was 4 years old.

It took me a lot of time to find my own musical style but I found it. With the musical style that I present right now, this is who I am and I love it.

Joci went on to speak of what he does in his free time:

I used to play basketball but now I’m more of a gym person. But since I won A Dal I didn’t have so much time to work out. And as you can see I really love to eat

Joci Papai begins alone on a dark stage with the regular jug from A Dal behind him. The stage lights up after the first chorus to reveal the female gypsy dancer and for the second time in the contest so far: a use of the B stage by a female violinist. Shots of the violinist on the B stage are composed well with Joci and the dancer behind and the overall camerawork is very active and moving.

A negative side of the performance is the fact that Joci’s voice seems to be more dry and not as special as in the studio version which might make Hungary finish lower on the scoreboard than it should be.