RTVSLO, the Slovenian national broadcaster, has released the titles of each of the song entries set to compete in the country’s upcoming national selection, EMA 2017.
Releasing the names of the competing artists last month, which has since seen the withdrawal of the country’s 2011 representative Maja Keuc, RTVSLO has today released the names of the competing entries set to be performed in Evrovizijska Melodija (EMA) next month.
EMA 2017 entries and running order
Each of the participants are listed in the official running order which was released earlier today by the broadcaster, together with the composers and producers behind each entry.
17/02: Semi-final 1
- KiNG FOO – Wild ride (Rok Golob, Cherie Lucas)
- Nika Zorjan – FSE (Maraaya, Nika Zorjan, Raay Music)
- Tosca Beat – Free world (Andraž Kržič, Tosco Beat, Peter Penko, Jamirko)
- Lea Sirk – Freedom (Lea Sirk, Gaber Radojevič, Miha Gorše, Tomy Declerque)
- Sell Out – Ni panike (Miha Gorše, Uroš Obranovič, Tina Muc)
- Zala Đurić Ribič – Lalalatino (Zala, Krešimir Tomec, Luka Ipavec)
- Alya – Halo (Raay, Rok Lunaček, Tina Piš)
- Omar Naber – On my way (Omar Naber, Žiga Pirnat)
18/02: Semi-final 2
- Clemens – Tok ti sede (Klemen Mramor)
- Raiven – Zažarim (Jernej Kržič, Tadej Košir, Sara Briški Cirman)
- Kataya & Duncan Kamakana – Are you there (Tim Žibrat, Duman Kamakana, Kataya, Blaž Vrečko, Klemen Orter, Samo Jezovšek)
- BQL – Heat of gold (Maraaya, Anej Piletič, Raay Music)
- Ina Shai – Colour me (Martina Šraj, Hans Kristjan Aljas, Vincenzo Capodivento, Niccolo Rebecchi)
- United Pandaz & ARSELLO feat. Alex Volasko – Heart to heart (Arsello, Alex Volasko)
- Tim Kores – Open fire (Jeff Lewis, Drew Lawrence)
- Nuška Drašček – Flower in the snow (Pele Loriano, Lina Button, Brendan Wade)
Playing a big part in this year’s Slovene entries for EMA 2017 is the country’s 2015 representatives, Maraaya, having helped to write and produce 3 of the submitted entries.
Hosted by Tina Gorenjak, Maja Martina Merljak, Tanja Kocman and Mario Galunič, total of 4 acts will qualify from each of the semi-final shows, meaning a total of 8 acts will compete in the Grand Final of the national selection on the 24 February.
The Slovene representative at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest will be selected via a combined public and jury vote, each of whom will have a 50% say in the final vote.
EMA 2017 dates
- 17/02: Semi-final 1 (8 participants, 4 qualifiers)
- 18/02: Semi-final 2 (8 participants, 4 qualifiers)
- 24/02: Grand Final