A total of five members will sit in the jury of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2016. They will be responsible for 50% of the final result, while the other 50% will be decided by televoting.
The Danish jury is made of:
Juryen består af radiovært
- Dennis Johannesson, radio host
- Johann Sørensen, president of OGAE Denmark
- John Gordon, winner of Eurovision 2010 as the songwriter of Satellite by Lena
- Vicky Leander, Choreographer
- Christina Chanée, winner of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2010 (along with Thomas N’Evergreen), finished 4th in Eurovision.
“I will definitely take the international point ov view when I will need to give my votes. I am looking for a song that can be successful also outside Denmark,” explains Christina Chanée. “It is very important to have a catchy melody and lyrics along with a strong performance vocally and good charisma, so it all should work beautifully together” she adds.
This year, no scoreboard will be used in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix, like happened in 2009-2011. The watchers, voting by SMS or via DMGP’s app, will give 50% of the votes while the jury will provide the other 50%. Then the top three acts out of the participating ten will qualify to the superfinal, where only televoting will be used for choosing Denmark’s entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
The following acts will participate in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix that will be held on 13 February at 20:00 CET from Forum Horsens, hosted by Jacob Riising, Annette Heick and Hilda Heick:
- David Jay – Rays of sunlight
- Simone – Heart shaped hole
- Bracelet – Breakaway
- Sophia Nohr – Blue horizon
- Veronicas Illusion – The wrong kind
- Lighthouse X – Soldiers of love
- Kristel Lisberg – Who needs a heart
- Jessica – Break it good
- Muri & Mario – To stjerner
- Anja Nissen – Never alone
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for more news regarding DMGP 2016 and Denmark in the Eurovision Song Contest.