ORF the national Austrian broadcaster has announced that a total of 2,200 accredited persons including journalists and delegates will be given the Vienna Pass during their stay in the Austrian capital, allowing them to visit more than 60 attractions/museums/monuments in the city!
The Vienna Pass will enable the accredited media, journalists and delegates to visit Vienna’s attractions, museums, monuments for free and will allow them have an unlimited use of the the Viennese Sight- Seeing Hop On- Hop off buses during their stay in the Austrian capital.
ORF in liason with Vienna Pass has come up with this special feature offering the 2015 Eurovision accredited journalists/delegates free access to museums, monuments, sightseeing bus tours. So if you are accredited you will be able to use the Vienna Pass during the 2 Eurovision weeks (11-24 May). You will also have priority admission in various attractions and museums, thus avoiding waiting in queues etc.
Paul Blaguss, managing partner of Blaguss corporate group, symbolically passed the Vienna PASS to Edgar Böhm (Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Executive Producer).
Mr.Edgar Böhm (ORF)- is very pleased with this special feature for the accredited press and delegates:
We are very pleased that our guests from all over Europe and Australia will get the Vienna PASS free of charge and can explore the cultural offerings of Vienna
Mr. Paul Blaguss commented:
The journalists can discover the most pleasant and modern way Vienna with Vienna PASS – the all-inclusive city card – and can bear the positive impressions and experiences all over the world!
The countdown to the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest has kicked off as thousands of Eurovision fans will be landing in the majestic Austrian capital next May, around 1700 accredited journalists and delegations from 39 countries. Preparations are already in full swing in Austria as ORF, the 2015 Eurovision host broadcaster is working round the clock in order to showcase an extraordinary and entertaining show.
Upcoming Eurovision 2015 Events Schedule
- 17/04 – Eurovision Accreditation application period concludes
- 11/05 – Eurovision 2015 rehearsals begin
- 11/05 – Eurovision Nights kick off
- 11/05 – Eurovision Night #1– Eurovision Start Night at Cafe Leopold
- 12/05 – Eurovision Night #2- Eurovision Jam Night at U4
- 13/05 – Eurovision Night #3- Eurovision Jam Night at Albertina Passage
- 14/05 – Eurovision Night #4- Eurowies’n Night- National Costume Theme Party at Lower Belvedere
- 15/05 – Eurovision Night #5- Eurovision Jam Night at Chaya Fuera
- 16/05 – Eurovision Night #6- Life Ball Night at Prater Sauna
- 16/05 – Life Ball at Rathausplatz
- 17/05 – Pop Meets Opera Concert at Vienna’s Opera House feat. Placido Domingo & Conchita Wurst
- 17/05 – Welcome Reception at the Wiener Rathaus (Vienna Town Hall)
- 17/05 – Official opening of the 2015 Euroclub– Ottakringer Brewery
- 18/05 – Opening of the 2015 Eurovillage at Rathausplatz
- 19/05 -Eurovision Song Contest Semifinal 1
- 19/05 – Eurovision Semifinal 1 After-party at Euroclub
- 21/05 -Eurovision Song Contest Semifinal 2
- 21/05 – Eurovision Song Contest Semifinal 2 After-party at Euroclub
- 23/05 – Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final
- 23/05 – Eurovision 2015 Grand Final After-party at Euroclub
The 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 19, 21, and 23 May at the Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria.
For more information on Vienna you can visit Wien.info and for the latest news on ESC 2015 in Vienna ORF’s Eurovision website in German. You can also check the eurovision-austria.com for Eurovision related news in Vienna.