Bulgarian broadcaster, BNT, have published the songs of the 18 semi finalists competing for 9 places in the national final to be held on 24th February. The songs will compete in the semi final on 3rd February in Sophia. You can hear the songs by clicking on the artists and song titles below, courtesy of BNT.
THE 18 SEMI FINALISTS (click on name/title to listen)
- Toni Dimitrova & Goresh Pysak – Say you would
- Petya Pavlova – Runaway
- Grupata – Back in your heart
- Teddy Karetsova – Super fire
- Pantommind – Days of old
- Sofi Marinova & Ustata – Ya tvoya
- Svetla Ivanova – No no no
- Mastilo – Getting crazy
- Dilyana Tsenova – Confession
- Bella – Falling angel
- Aksinia – Az znam
- S-lavina – Higher (Balkan heart)
- Margarita Hranova – Moya lyubov
- Charlene & Natasha – Open your eyes
- Dimitar Atanasov- Our way back home
- Krum – Dokoga
- Galin Raychev – In expectance
However, it won't necessarily be one of these 18 that go to Helsinki – BNT has also commissioned 3 wildcards, to be performed by more established Bulgarian artists, to start in the Bulgarian final. These 3 wildcards will be announced during the semi, which will be held on 3rd February , with the top 9 songs (as chosen by televoting) going to the final, to be held on the 24th, in Sofia's National Palace of Culture.
Bulgaria will be hoping to qualify to the final for the first time since its debut in 2005 with Kaffe's Lorraine. in 2006 Bulgarian hopes were also dashed at the first stage with Mariana Popova's Let me cry only ending 17th in the semi.