Last year OGAE Italy had to organise the 21st OGAE Song Contest, as they were the winners of it in 2005. This year the Italian club has to organise again another contest, the 5th OGAE Video Contest because this time they won the 4th edition, event organised by OGAE Turkey. Italy won with Nek and his song Contromano. Second place for Turkey and third for Slovenia.
The OGAE Video Contest is a contest in which all OGAE (Organisation générale des Amateurs de l'Eurovision) national clubs can participate with an original song and video released in the previous 12 months in their countries. It's one of the three non-profit competitions (Song Contest, Second Chance Contest and Video Contest) organised by the OGAE clubs with the purpose to spread national popular music throughout the world and to exercise co-operation over the OGAE network of clubs, cooperation among the Eurovision Song Contest fans, promotion of the Eurovision Song Contest, and establishment of strong relations with national broadcasting companies.
The idea of organising an OGAE Video Contest flourished during the OGAE Summit in Riga 2003 with the initiation of OGAE Turkey, being the first host to the event the same year. Next hosts have been France and Portugal and last year Ukraine should have hosted the 2006 edition, but the Ukrainian club withdrew, so did the runner-up, the OGAE Netherlands. OGAE Turkey (3rd in 2005) was kind to accept to host once again and they did an amazing job.
Initially 15 OGAE clubs expressed interest to participate, but then Finland has withdrawn and the Serbian entry has been disqualified due to violation of the terms of the OGAE Video Contest. Thirteen clubs competed and these are the results:
- 1st Italy – Nek – "Contromano" – 106 points
- 2nd Turkey – Hande Yener – "Askin atesi" – 93 points
- 3rd Slovenia – Jan Plestenjak – "Barka iz perja" – 93 points
- 4th Greece – Nikos Mihas – "Simadia kairou" – 89 points
- 5th Germany – Revolverheld – "Freunde bleiben" – 83 points
- 6th Malta – Fabrizio Faniello – "Love on the radio" – 79 points
- 7th Poland – Sistars – "Inspirations" – 71 points
- 8th FYR Macedonia – Tijana Dapcevic – "Sve Je Isto Samo Njega Nema" – 65 points
- 9th Portugal – Susana Felix – "Flutuo" – 63 points
- 10th Bosnia & Herzegovina – Tinka – "Ljubav za ljubav" – 62 points
- 11th Moldova – Alternosfera – "511" – 39 points
- 12th France – Philippe Katerine – "Louxor J'adore" – 16 points
- 13th South Africa – Dominec – "Hou my hand vas"- 13 points
Watch Nek's Contromano below:
The Italian OGAE club is always present and two years in a row has won two of the three OGAE competitions. Can't RAI ( the Italian public television)understand how muchfans are missing Italyin the Eurovision Song Contest? We wish to have them back again as soon as possible. Last time that Italy participated at the Eurovision Song Contest was in 1997 with Jalisse and ''Fiumi di parole'', ranked 4th with 114 points.
You can watch a special videowith the summary of the competing entriesbelow.. esctoday.com kindly thanks fatix civelek for his contribution.